Since 2016, OP ENHEIM has been organizing FLOWLAND, an event unique in the region, which is guided by the idea of slow life – you can take your time not only see an art exhibition in House No. 13, but also learn about the history and tradition of the region. OP ENHEIM chose Farm No. 13 in Tarczyn as the place of the Summer Residence.
Tarczyn is the smallest village in the Western Sudetes with a medieval birth certificate. The first mentions of it come from the 12th-13th centuries. The heritage of our village and its vicinity is a testimony to how the next generations lived. An integral part of it is also the landscape – but not only nature, but also checkered fields and the layout of the village located on the Tarczynka Mountain.
WHAT IS FLOWLAND?
It is an event unique in the region, which is an ideal opportunity to spend time creatively. The whole idea is slow life – you can take your time not only to see an art exhibition, but also unique views of the Giant Mountains and old cherry alleys.
MAY 2019 IN TARCZYN
During the third edition of FLOWLAND, which took place on May 18, 2019, you could primarily see an art exhibition in the unique House No. 13, co-organized with the BWA Gallery in Jelenia Góra. The day was also filled with a program of accompanying events: meetings with the tradition and history of borderland cuisine, lectures, a concert, a meeting with local producers of food and brewing art. There were also creators of artistic handicrafts, and we invited the children to the FLOW KIDS zone, where they spent their time under the care of an animator. OP ENHEIM chose farm no. 13 in Tarczyn as the place of the Summer Residence.
FLOWLAND 2020 | 2019/09/19 | 12: 00-19: 00
On September 19, 2020, from 12:00 p.m. till 7 p.m. we invite you again to take part in FLOWLAND. The highlight of the program will be the exhibition by Bogumiła Twardowska-Rogacewicz in the post-German House No. 13, prepared in cooperation with the BWA gallery in Jelenia Góra. The full program of the event will be available on Facebook.
>> Save the date in the calendar or join the event: link.
OUR ACTIVITIES IN TARCZYN
– creating a residential space for artists, a place for workshops and meetings related to culture, art and education;
– reconstruction and adaptation of farm buildings to the activities of the Foundation, including House No. 13;
– promoting healthy organic nutrition and a sustainable approach to the environment;
– cooperation with local associations and other groups dealing with ecology, culture and art;
– organizing the annual FLOWLAND art picnic; – promotion of the local old orchards and old varieties of fruit trees. Creation of educational orchards. Together with the LAG – Jizera Partnership, we participate in the Education program to preserve old Saxon and Polish varieties of fruit in the border region, as part of which we prepare workshops, trainings and educational courses for professionals in the field of horticulture;
– cooperation with the Foundation for Agricultural Biological Diversity AgriNatura;
– reclamation of old cherry alleys and creation of an old rural backyard garden for educational purposes. Cooperation with the Wojsławice Arboretum;
– contact with the German inhabitants of pre-war Kuttenberg (former name of the village of Tarczyn) in order to preserve their cultural heritage, mementos and memories;
– supporting the tourist promotion of the commune and poviat.
FLOWLAND official website: www.flowland.org